Bleaching and Blending
- Edible Oil:
- Control of bleaching process / bleach dosing / control of filter breakthrough
- Potato Processing:
- Dosing control of caramel color, annatto or tumeric
- Sugar Refining:
- Decolorization of sugar, monitoring of the fine liquor, ICUMSA/RBU color measurement
- Fruit Juice:
- Precise juice color monitoring
Monitoring color inline using optek photometers enables precise, real-time control of color dosing, color removal, color quality or color avoidance.
Typically, process color measurements are made by taking samples from the process piping and analyzing them in a lab either visually or using a laboratory analyzer. optek colorimeters can immediately detect color changes in process liquids directly in the pipeline.
- Real-time measurements / less need for lab analysis
- Consistent product quality
- Measurement wavelengths and optical path lengths selected to match process requirements
- Immediate feedback on process changes