Service Technician - Technical Sales Support
The Service Technician will be responsible for customer support, product repairs, on-site assistance, calibrations and customer training for optek's growing technical services business in North America.
The Service Technician will become an important member of optek's customer service team and will work closely with optek product specialists to serve our customers.
This position requires an individual whose primary goal is to deliver superior support and service to our clients. The ideal candidate possesses excellent trouble-shooting skills, is self-motivated, confident, creative, and enthusiastic to work with customer instrumentation, maintenance, and engineering personnel.
- Assist sales team to support existing and prospective clients with product questions.
- Provide telephone support for technical questions and trouble shooting.
- Support customers by specifying correct replacement parts and accept / process spare part orders.
- Test, calibrate, and repair optek products in-house.
- Perform comprehensive equipment checks, calibrations, and repairs at the customer site as required by service or maintenance contracts.
- Provide start-up and commissioning assistance at customer's facilities.
- Provide product operation, calibration, and maintenance training to customers and fellow colleagues.
- Post secondary education in instrumentation, electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Computer literacy and professional knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent customer relations and communication skills.
- Solid troubleshooting ability related to electrical equipment.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of proper application and use of electrical test and calibration equipment (i.e. digital multimeters, current loop, millivolt calibrators).
- Valid driver's license and passport.
- Domestic travel required (approx. one week per month).
- Travel to corporate office in Germany for training and team-building (approx. one week per year).
- Knowledge of industrial process controls, analytical instrumentation, test, and calibration methods is a plus.
Please submit resume & cover letter to [email protected]